There are many options available for technical training. Here are a few suggestions.
- TryHackMe has excellent labs to build skills.
- Jetbrains offers free access to its coding and other teaching modules to those who have a university email account.
- The Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE) provides free online cybersecurity training to U.S. government employees, Federal contractors, and veterans. There are free courses available to the public here as well.
- Many boutique services now focus on penetration testing, such as Hack the Box and Cryptopals Crypto Challenges. There is also a vibrant “capture the flag” community tracked here.
- Services such as Immersive Labs offer simulations to show off your skills, and often give access to a demo test.